SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk & Java support...

I've looked through the existing forum topics and haven't found the answer, so...

I'm trying to get Silk to run with Java and am having trouble.

I'm using Silk 5.0 with JDK 1.1.8 and Swing.
    I can get the AWT test app to work, but I can't seem to get the swing app to work.

I've enabled Java
    I've set system variables:
    JDKHOME c:\jdk1.1.8
    CLASSPATH C:\Progra~1\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java1.j ar;c:\progra~1\xedia\billing\swingall.jar

SilkTest_Java1.jar is the correct jar file (the Status program works without an error).

The swing app won't run at all. I execute it from Start\Programs\SilkTest\Sample Applications (like the doc suggests). The MS-DOS box comes up and shuts down and that's it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS in advance...
    Anne

jb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk & Java support...

Do you have the directory containing java.exe in your path? Although if the other test app is working then your system should be setup correctly and you should focus on getting your app to run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those who may be having similiar problems....

It turned out that my problem was in the way the app was 'invoked'. The .bat file used to run the app also specified a bunch of .jar files, some of which were duplicates of those that I had specified in CLASSPATH. When I modified the command line for the app and used CLASSPATH, everything was visible.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your Java app specifies the '-classpath' switch to the JVM when it is invoked, the '-classpath' switch takes precedence over the environment variable 'CLASSPATH'. It sounds like your .bat that invokes your application does use the '-classpath' switch. If you add '%CLASSPATH%' to this switch, all should work fine.
    Kendall Schmidt
    Vignette Corporation
    kschmidt@vignette.com