User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest and testing a Client/Server App on Win NT 3.51

Hi All,

we are purchasing SilkTest very soon but one of my managers has asked me if is possible to test one our client/server apps on win nt 3.51 using SilkTest (some of our clients are still using this OS). I didn't think that this was possible - this would be a once off thing at any rate and I doubt if I would automate. My evaluation license has expired so I cann't find out for myself. Is there an older version of SilkTest that this will work on or will I need to go back to qa partner (is qa partner still around ?). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

cpelly

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest and testing a Client/Server App on Win NT 3.51

The GUI specifier for NT 3.5 is still valid in SilkTest 5.0.1, so it's likely that Silk still will work with the older versions of NT.

Unfortunately, we don't test with NT 3.5, so I can't be positive SilkTest will still work.

Why do you think it might not work?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest and testing a Client/Server App on Win NT 3.51

Wow, it always amazes me to see folks still using these old OS'. I've even run across some folks running Windows 3.1. I supposed if the applications they use run fine on those OS' then why upgrade, but still...

------------------