SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web and Application testing (People Soft)

All

I am in a new position and am evaluating Silk (an old friend). I have a unique challenge in that I will "probably" be testing our web interface in conjunction with people soft applications.

These are new waters for me. So I have two basic questions and one annoying problem to ANYONE who has had experiance with this type of environment:
    (1) Can Silk concurently drive BOTH a web application and a People Soft Application. Assuming I do not use appstates.

(2) How does Silk do with People Soft applications. Anyone out there have any war stories (good and bad) about this? I know people soft employs SQA and only SQA for this type of testing.

So as far as point number two I am fighting something of an uphill battle "selling silk".

(3) When I do record the few People soft apps (for subsequent programming of tests) the recording is very slow. Also there are frequent agent freeze ups during a record session. The only way around this has been to reboot my machine.

As always thanks to any and all whoi respond. You would be doing me a great service by adding your experiances.

Rick Weth
    Corio
    Senior Member Technical Staff

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: web and Application testing (People Soft)

We are currently evaluating testing tools for Peoplesoft, I have not looked at Silk.
    We are currently looking at Rational(Old SQA) and Mercury Winrunner.
    They are both approved by Peoplesoft.
    The issue I have is Rational is half the price and gives alot more apps(like test manager etc).
    Mercury WInrunner is more expensive but seems more intuitive and easier to use4.
    Not sure if I have helped but here ya go

Enginama

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PeopleSoft works closely with Segue and uses their tools. Check out http://www.segue.com/html/s_news/pre...eoplesoft8.htm

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segue only worksd on psoft 8 unfortunately we are behind the times running on 7.02 and 7.56 so Silk is not supporting older versions of PSoft.
    I have since found compuware qarun seems to work the best out of Rational WRunner & QARun

------------------