BSA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest on Steroids

Fellow Testers,
    We have developed a testing tool that runs with Silk Test. We are looking for input from users like you to get some feedback and to validate the concept. Based on your feedback we will decide if we want o promote this product commercially.

The product called SCOPE uses SilkTest to Record and Play back test cases. SCOPE organizes the test plan and test case in an explorer like structure. The USP of SCOPE is that while running the test case, for each step of the test case, SCOPE records all properties of an object and performance parameters into a database. You can select properties you want to capture by using the GUI interface .ini file. Therefore no coding is required.
    Once we have all this data in the database the possibilities are limitless; example
    Suppose you use SCOPE to test version 3.0 of an application/website and then you use SCOPE again to test version 3.01 of the application. Now we can use the results to get the difference between the two versions of the software. At the end of the day, you can print a report that lists the differences in performance, results, etc.

I have not gone into too much depth, but if this interests you or if you have any questions, send me email at gundeep@bsa-in.com and I will send you more info.

Looking forward to your feedback/comments ..

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest on Steroids

Ben J BSA: If we use or start looking at your tool, will we still qualify for the next Summer Olympics? ( ;

Suggestion:
    Place your tool on a website where people can Download and try it...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we try your tool.

Also this product sounds like a third party software for newbies

Down to the root how do you handle input/output from silk while debugging?

I see many inconvenience. Silk is already so easy to use that doing a face lift for it just makes things looks different with no real advantage.

It sounds cool, but can't say much without trying it. Anyhow the first impression was not very impressive.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every test environment is different. Put your tool on a website and at least include some screen shots so that we can see if it even applies to our needs.

If you want some feedback, I'll have to tell you that there are lots of tools with fancy names that claim magical results with "no coding required." Segue salesmen even make this claim for SilkTest ! I have never found any tool that lived up to these claims. You need to convince us that our time is well spent looking at your tool.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com