SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk not clicking images

I'm running SILK 5.0.1 testing a web application. The application is a series of pages gathering user info, on each page there is a Html Image that needs to be Clicked to continue thru the questionaire. I can get SILK to click on these images about 50% of the time, other times it gives me the "Image not found.." error. Sometimes when I run the exact same test case twice it will fail first, then work?? Has anyone else experienced this? If so any help would be appreciated. I've tried using SetFocus() and the Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_RESPONDING, FALSE) statements, but they don't seem to help either. Segue Tech. Support says they cannot duplicate problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk not clicking images

I have had this exact same problem and Segue tech support had the same response. However after months of complaining and escalating within Segue they provided this solution. I don't know if yours is the same however it sounds very similiar. Can't hurt to try.

What may be happening is that SilkTest is trying to find the image using the index#, &/or the window ID. But it is assigning new values to these each time.

Try commenting the other TAGS (except for Caption) for the HtmlImages in your screen declarations. And see if the script runs. If this solves the problem you can edit the HtmlPage.inc file to only record "Caption" for HtmlImages when doing screen declarations.

p.s. Before you do that make sure that the caption is not dynamic (changing each time). Record the screen declarations a few times (shuting down and restarting the browser each time) and compare them to each other.

Good Luck,
    Dan

dan62370@hotmail.com