User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to have Silk clear the system cache

All

This is sort of a follow up on an issue I have run into. I am useing Silk 5.0.3.2
    on Windows 2k for NN 4.7 and Silk 5.5.

I am currently employing the VO model for my recognitions. The issue I am haveing is html(links, pushbuttons and an occcasional textfield) are failing to get found via the mapping of the Frame file during a script run.

I have gotten significant relief by employing John Green's suggestion of useing

And embedding them in the mentioned html class's and overriding the Click,SetText
    methods.

The signature of this issue is that after the script fails to say click a particular link in question, I then employ silk via Record-> Window Identifiers and by Gosh if it does not ALWAYS map the control the Script could not find during the course of the run against the same frame file! (this is the one constant of the issue)

To me the issue seems clear, Silk is referencing a stale system cache of information for mapping the controls against.
    When I record and bring up the window that maps the identifier of a control against the map via Silk I am forceing the System to get the info again.

Under the covers the calls John Green suggest sometimes work to force silk to recache this info .. and sometimes they do not. (Fortunatly up till now they work on the most important places in my script)

Really if anyone out there (or someone from Segue) can just supply us with either the agent dll call, or some obscure method to force the System to recache the info (yes I know it would slow Silk down more) it would solve this issue cold. (I mean I don't care if I slow down Silk if it isn't going to work anyway!!)

BTW if there is some method that is documented please feel free to tell me anyone. I won't be embarrased HONEST!

I (and other users) could easilly wrap this, in retry logic and the workaround would help (at least me) out a good deal.

Anyway that is the gist of it .. any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there a way to have Silk clear the system cache

Take a look at this topic http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/002064.html

------------------