SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can Silk detect hidden/Dynamic objects from a Java Desktop application..?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>It seems that "Routing Table:Filtered by Network Prefix Total = 5" is a text object so you should be using GetText() to get the entire text and then you can parse out the 5. From the looks of it, the text is not a part of the table, it is above it. Ideally, SilkTest should be identifying it as JavaJFCStaticText... Is that not what is happening?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No I do not see in my inc file, after doing
    the window declarations...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes, you have to record your windows declarations for a given Dialog Box or Screen multiple times.
    Sample:
    You initially invoke the dialog, you record its declaration.
    You do some actions within the dialog and suddenly you see more objects appear, you record its declaration again then copy or cut and paste the new objects to your original declaration (then delete the second one).
    You do other actions and see more new objects appear, you record the declaration again and copy or cut and paste the newer objects to the original declaration. And so on...until you think you have captured every object that appears in that same Dialog/Screen. If you have bitmaps or other custom objects in there that are not seen by SilkTest, you have to do more work and add them manually in your declarations.
    Now when you run your scripts, SilkTest should see all the objects from that Dialog you are working on.

------------------

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, it might be because JPanel is ignored by default. To have SilkTest not ignore it, put this line in the ClassList section of the javaex.ini file (located in the extend directory):

javax.swing.JPanel=true

Then restart SilkTest, the app and the agent.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did try to record the window...multiple
    times....
    But the text I am looking is not coming
    up in the SIlk. and it is also not showing
    up as custom win...
    Any more ideas , as to make the Silk to
    detect the objects...
    Please look at the (sample)snap shot..
    Thanks
    ~Girija

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Silk detect hidden/Dynamic objects from a Java Desktop application..?

Hello Silk Users,
    I am attaching the snap shot of one of my
    window.
    Silk is unable to find the dynamic object.
    "Routing Table:Filtered by NEtwork Prefix
    Total = 5"
    I need to verify the number displayed "5"
    which is dynamically created. Which displays
    the number of rows.
    Currently I am doing it by "GetRowCount ()"
    method. But I definetly would like to get
    the number from
    "Routing Table:Filtered by NEtwork Prefix
    Total = 5"
    How do I detect/read the number..?

Testing application is a Java Desktop
    Network application.

Thanks in advance for all the help..
    ~Girija

------------------

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that "Routing Table:Filtered by Network Prefix Total = 5" is a text object so you should be using GetText() to get the entire text and then you can parse out the 5. From the looks of it, the text is not a part of the table, it is above it. Ideally, SilkTest should be identifying it as JavaJFCStaticText... Is that not what is happening?

------------------