Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERROR: DOM & HtmlPopupList -- What\'s going on

HI:

I hope some has an solution for this one.

Settings:win2k, silk5.32, IE5.5/5.0.

Problems: When selecting HtmlPopupList

1)item is selected but OnChange is not processed. It should do something after selecting but with silk nothing happens, and it induces an javascript error when you try to select the item manually after the script stops.

2)Selecting an HtmlPopupList crashes IE.

3)Selecting an HtmlPopupList induces an javascript saying:"something is null"

My conclusion:

HtmlPopupList screws all my popupLists with the onChange function associated to it.
    Somehow popuplist class selects the item correctly, but the onChange event just receives bad input(in this case null or invalid data)

I tried many things; none of them worked.

1)using TypeKeys doesn't select the item.
    invoke the popuPlist using (x,y). Then MouseMove to item, then hit 'enter' or Click(). Also directly pressing 'down' won't work for 'onChange' event since each Item invoke an action.

2)select using index and string

3)redefine HtmlPopupList(most promising appraoche) but I keep having this infinite loop in InvokeList(). Code copied from another post about 'popuplist crashing'

Suggestion welcomed!!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ERROR: DOM & HtmlPopupList -- What\'s going on

More info:

I tried to not use FindItem() and Select() by just using hardoded values. I am still getting js errors. I did by coordinate click and key down to the item then tab to finalize the choice.

I am wondering if there is something to do with DOM.

------------------

mlj
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Segue has this problem logged. There are three different bugs that refer to the problems you mention. I had this happen when we first got 5.5 maybe 6 weeks ago? Anyway, they just had a patch that they tested and it still fails so they sent the patch back into dev. Hope this info helps- There is no workaround.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, nice to know I worked 1.5 day for nothing!

Thank you Silk This is like the biggest bug ever. It's like Click() is not working:P

------------------

mlj
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sawry
    I should have posted sooner.

We can't use 5.5 at all obviously- and 5.0.3.2 has huge bugs for us too. We actually don't have any usable version right now.
    5.0.1 VO was the last version I had that I could run with. It is very frustrating.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even more info:

I finally narrowed down even more:P

Conclusion: Silk sets the popuplist's item array to null. So at run-time it can't select anything.

Things I tried that doesn't work:

1)using click() to open a popuplist with onChange. Then any subsequent access to the popuplist will crash my IE5.5

2)use GetContents() and subsequent access will lead to run-time error.

3)Select() and FindItem() is similar to 2)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have encountered a similar situation. My script involves selecting an item in a popup list and then setting a value in a field and then clicking a button to commit the transaction.

It fails at the point where the submit button is clicked. Because there was no value in the field. I later found out that SilkTest is not really performing the SetText or TypeKeys. It would seem to execute the code during debug but it really doesn't set the value in the text field. I don't see the agent setting it.

There was a Help Topic - TextField not allowing input, and tried the suggestions there and was not successful.
    I would get an *** Error: Internal error in agent - Read past end of buffer, when I used SendMessage.

And if I don't, if I just plainly use SetText, the weird thing is that it would set the text
    "st12345//dolphin.estrong.com:4430.012345//dolphin.estrong.com:4430/myStrong/html/login.htm/myStrong/html/login.htm" to the field instead of the data I specified in the script.

That string is the location of the webpage Im testing except for the first 7 characters. That 1st 5 characters in the string is also the last 7 characters of the password used to login to the site.

I am completely baffled why it does that.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the popuplist select event. Because I notice that after the SilkTest agent has selected the item in the popuplist, it seems to continuously scroll. And would hang the SilkTest... it seem to go on an infinite loop where I could not even use the SHIFT+SHIFT to abort the script. I had to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to the task manager (I have WinNT4 BTW) so I can switch to SilkTest and check the result file.

I'm using SilkTest 5.5 and IE VO.

Has anyone encountered this?

------------------

[This message has been edited by sheyenne (edited 06-20-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You situation is similar to ours. We used to use VO and it just scrolls like crazy, in our case it didn't crash Silk

In DOM it's different, it works fine, except for the onChange dropdown Items.

Try to use BrowserPage.ExecLine('code'). code is the javascript that handles your Select(dropdown in HTML language).

ex:
    'document.{formName}.{selectName}.options[{i}].value'

everything between {} are vars from Silk and everything else javascript stuff.
    The hard part is to figure out the index i without using FindItem() or GetContents() which causes the popuplist to go BAD. The workaround for this is to refresh the page(plus sleep() sometimes). Doing consecutive javascript call is dangerous unless used with precaution.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear mlj -- You mentioned that this bug has been logged three times. Have you got an SPR number or numbers for this (or a case number or whatever they're calling it)? Some of our users have encountered it and are seriously blocked. I'll need to pursue it for them.
    Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just let you know. This bug is in development at Segue for the second re-cut of the patch. The first fix didn't work. It seems that it will not be fixed for anything prior 5.5 which is unfair.

------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast