User Tag List

wsh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recording window declarations

Hopefully this is one of those no brainer questions. When I record window declarations, once I press the Paste to editor button or the Copy to clipboard button, it pastes the entire page of declarations. How do I get Silk to just paste the declaration of a single object to my include file? I have used Ctrl-Alt and that makes no difference. No matter what I do, it always pastes the whole page. Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recording window declarations

I don't think you can do that.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest cannot do this but you can turn on the Record tags recorder and then you have all of the information you need to create a new object.

To turn on the tag recorder:
    1. Click on Options/Agent
    2. Click on the Compatibility tab
    3. Check Add 'Window tags' to the record menu

To access this function, click on Record, it should be right before SilkPerformer script.

After you start up this recorder, click on the show detail button to see all of the tags avaliable for the object you are pointing to.

Hope this helps,
    Mike

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's easy.
    Just use your mouse and keyboard and a little bit of patience and "extra" work.
    Sample:
    So you have recorded your Windows declaration for Dialog "ABC". You received a new release of your AUT and found out that a new object/control was added to this dialog.
    You have added comments and other changes (such as handling of CustomWin objects) already to this Window Declaration and you did not want to loose these changes.
    Here's what you do:
    1. First you rerecord the declaration for Dialog "ABC" either in the same .inc file or in another .inc file.
    2. Find the line(s) that shows the new object/control
    3. Copy or Cut and paste to your existing/original declaration of Dialog "ABC"
    4. Delete the latest declaration you did in step 1

There you have it -- one object recorded and added to your existing .inc file.

Or do you have another reason(s) why you want to record declaration of a single object only and not the entire window?

------------------

wsh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses. I have tried both of these techniques. I currently use the method Gilbert recommended. I was just looking for a faster way to copy just one item when changes are made to the site. It seems like something more people would want to do so they don't have to take the time to find the line they need in the newly recorded include file. As for the record window tags, I usually get dynamic instantiation rather than the actual names that I need to put in the frame/include files. Thanks again for the response. I've asked Segue to consider this in a future release.

------------------