User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I reboot an NT machine and start a SILK test

Hi!

I would like to know if there is a way to reboot after a SILK test and upon reboot, login, and start a new SILK test.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thank you!
    Rhonda

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can I reboot an NT machine and start a SILK test

Yes you can reboot an NT station and have it execute more tests using SilkTest.

The ONLY way to do this is to have SilkTest running on a Host controlling a client that has the agent with the tests executing on.

Download the Reboot Include from our download area. This will help you a lot.
    Also read my article in the next (upcomming) Segue.com newsletter about Installation Testing.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actualy you can reboot on the machine you running Silk. All you need is make partner.exe (use command line params to start your script when Silk start) start on next boot. You can use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce registry key. Just add string value (like c:\silk\partner.exe myscript.t) and Silk will strat after reboot but only once.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use the Run key rather than the RunOnce key if you want to run the same script every time you reboot (a logon script for example). Also you can create your own "plan" of sorts... Use SYS_SetRegistryValue() to change the RunOnce value(the script to run) before rebooting. You could link together multiple scipts this way with reboots in between.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not get the RunOnce registry setting to work. SilkTest (5.0) starts up but the rest of the shell waits until I close SilkTest before starting up.

If you don't use the windows shell during your testing, its absence MAY be academic. My problem is that the environment is not very realistic.

drosser@nai.com