SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Has anyone run SilkTest on win2000

I'm upgrading from 5.0.2 to 5.5. Segue doesn't give eval copies to potential/existing customers anymore. So, I'm curious if anyone has had the opportunity to use SilkTest on windows 2000. If so, how was the performance? Any outstanding issues?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Has anyone run SilkTest on win2000

I wish I had a better fit for you. I use 5.0.32 on windows 2k. For me there are a few issues with HtmlLink and HtmlPushButton synchronization against Bilingual (netscape 4.7 and IE 5.5) frames against the browser in IE. This may stem for Segue bug #28180, which is supposed to be fixed in Silk 5.5.

Also there are some silly issues in NT on the Netscape Navigator. Keep in mind I am strictly employing the VO model and I am NOT employing 5.5 (and I think I may decide not to go that route .. I have to read up on it some more).

Anyway I hope this helps ..

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 06-07-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rick_weth:
    I wish I had a better fit for you. I use 5.0.32 on windows 2k. For me there are a few issues with HtmlLink and HtmlPushButton synchronization against Bilingual (netscape 4.7 and IE 5.5) frames against the browser in IE. This may stem for Segue bug #28180, which is supposed to be fixed in Silk 5.5.

Also there are some silly issues in NT on the Netscape Navigator. Keep in mind I am strictly employing the VO model and I am NOT employing 5.5 (and I think I may decide not to go that route .. I have to read up on it some more).

Anyway I hope this helps ..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I appreciate your help

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using it on Win2K. I assume you know about the SilkMeter crap by now. Once you get it set up it isn't that bad. Besides the one issue I have found (search for frameset in this forum), which Segue is looking at right now, it seems pretty good. Oh, there's another issue which I'm going to post about in a minute, but it isn't a bug...maybe more like an oversight.

Thanks,
    Steve

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were a lot of posts on this forum about 5.5 when it first came out.. They were very interesting and I think I will wait until the next update comes out for it before I install it.....
    You may want to check out :http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001817.html
    or just do an advanced search on this forum for any 5.5 issues.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using Silktest 5.5

I have performance problem while running the script, It takes long time to run the script compare to silktest 5.0.32

If you try to run many times of Command Line function SilkTest Crashes.

BKD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using Silk tes 5.5 on W2000 and got in to performance and IE crash problem.
    I was testing web application wiht IE 5.01 as well as 5.5 and foud that silk test 5.5 is slow because of its memory leak problem.

while you repeate testcse contents, memory gets leaked and that afect cpu and performance/responce time and etc.

Ask Segue to solve this problem. or
    Try not to use any extensions while recording and replay. It worked for me but has to do little coding.

BKD

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User Weinstein, David (David.Weinstein@stratus.com) posted:

Hmmmm. This sounds familier.
    I installed Silktest 5.5 two weeks ago on my W2K machine and found that
    there was a couple
    days when Silk seemed to run slower and slower for no reason.
    Then a day or so later it went back to being faster.
    Im automating against a web application using MSIE 5.0 and 5.5.

D