Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the deal with silk 5.5

All

I really just want a fix for #28180:
    The VO extension on IE 5.5 does not always recognize an HtmlLink.

HOWEVER 5.5 upgrade requires some sort of thingy called SilkMeter .. which either directly or indirectly requires the purchase of something else. Is this correct or am I wide of the mark? Because I can tell y'all right now my company is not going to pay Segue any more money (they want the value).

Can't Segue just fix this bug on 5.3+ without haveing us play this sales game?
    Has anyone actually gone the 5.5 route .. how much better is this in the vO model than 5.3??

Does anyone know of any fixes for 5.3+ (or upgrade without any more granular pricing) that adresses this (and any other bugs .. like #28166 (that irritating record delay).

Any and all feedback apreciated. Remember critisism is the highest form of a compliment (seriously). If I was an apathetic user I wouldn't be here.

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: whats the deal with silk 5.5

Rick,

If you are still subscribed to your maintenance package and hence you can download 5.5 from the Segue site then SilkMeter is included and doesn't cost anything.

However before you do, take a look at the threads on here regarding 5.5 licensing issues with SilkMeter, advantages and disadvantages, it may not be the right move for you.

Out of interest, you are mentioning these bugs, is it possible to see the current open bugs with SilkTest? Would be interesting to see what bugs are open, rather than what is seen within the release notes.

Regards,

Paul.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: whats the deal with silk 5.5

Paul

Thanks I will check out those threads. Also I got those bug numbers from:
    (1) Encountering them myself
    (2) Reading release notes and faqs

I sincerly doubt Segue would make a list like that available to the general public. I have tried to get them to open up thier knowlege base before, and you will note that they STILL do not do so (Mercury Interactive DOES).

Now with open bugs from customers against products, it really is standard practice for companies to keep that a "closed book".

Not that I wouldn't like a peek at it myself.

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by rick_weth (edited 06-06-2001).]
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer