SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Re: Shift-shift to abort no longer working

We have successfully used the shift-shift method to abort SilkTest 5.0. However, our test environment uses Silk Host PCs connected to multiple Target PCs performing distributed and client/server testing.

Tony Mrozinski
    Intel Corporation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shift-shift to abort no longer working

I've always felt that aborting a running script with shift-shift has been flaky in Silk and QAP. However, I just recently upgraded to Silk 5.0. Now, I can't stop a running script to save my life.

I called Segue and entered a call, but I got the usual canned response: unable to reproduce, can you send us your application and/or code that demonstrates the problem.

This is a pretty ridiculous request since I can't send them a client-server application nor can I afford to build a custom application just to show bugs in Segue's software. (Segue's incredibly lame customer support should be the subject of another post.)

Of course, I can stop the script by setting the Silk editor active and picking Run.Abort, but we have to have a lot of SetFocus() calls in our test code, so it's can be difficult to use this method.

Anyone else have this problem or any ideas? Do I have to go back to 2.1.4 and/or wait for 5.0.1?

Thanks

------------------
    Steve Vizzini
    Test Automation Developer

[This message has been edited by svizzini (edited 09-22-1999).]
    mechanic

I have found that I have to hold Shift-Shift longer with SilkTest 5.0 to actually abort the script. I noticed this when I upgraded from QAP 4.6.2 to SilkTest 5.0. Also, if SilkTest is in the middle of making a call to the Java Virtual Machine, forget it. You are better off selecting Run->Abort in SilkTest. Are you perhaps testing a Java app.?

-Cynthia, Vignette Corporation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This same is happening with me....
    Test C/S Java app. However, I never upgraded
    the software, always ran 5.x since June and it just 'broke'

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turns out that the problem only exists when I include the IE extensions. I don't even have to have a default browser, so it's not the browser/network interaction.

BTW, I incorrectly assumed that the upgrade to Silk 5.0 caused the problem, but we enabled the browsers at the same time. According to other users, the problem has been there for some time.

------------------
    Steve Vizzini
    Test Automation Developer
    mechanic