User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow page loading with framesets in IE 5

Hi Everybody,

This one has me pretty much pulling my hair out...and I haven't got much to spare...

Using ST 5.5 & IE 5 on Win 2K (2 separate machines), I'm trying to get page load times for a web app. The testcases were originally set up on pages without framesets - the idea being to see if using framesets improved performance. With a few minor adjustments, namely including two BrowserChild(ren) in most page declarations and my existing testcase code, the tests run well with the new pages in Netscape. However, when I use IE 5, the page loads slow...to...a...crawl.

I've made sure that the pages load at a normal rate without SilkTest running, so I don't think it's the browser. Also, the pages with framesets don't kick in until three pages into the testcase, and those three load at a normal rate, so I don't think anything's hogging my system resources when ST is running. I have tried running from a remote machine to an agent on the Win 2K boxes as well as locally.

I can use the times I'm getting with Netscape as they are accurate but would like to have IE times too. Has anybody encountered this phenomenon? Am I missing a crucial setting or something? I looked at the release notes, Segue web site, and of course searched here but can't find anything relevant.

TIA,
    Steve

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Slow page loading with framesets in IE 5

FWIW, after working on this issue with Segue Tech Support for a couple weeks we found the issue was the VO extension. Switching to DOM and performing the necessary recode allowed the pages to load at a normal rate.

In several parts of the testcase VO is needed for cross-browser functionality but switching to VO to perform the necessary actions and switching back to DOM hasn't affected the page load times so far.

------------------