SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating multiple res files for same script

Is there a way in which we can create a new res file everytime the same script is run. What I mean is when I run the script install.t I want to rename my res file as install1.res, second time as install2.res and so on. So that Silk does not over write the old results file and I have all if I have to view them later

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Creating multiple res files for same script

You know that silk doesn't immediately overwrite your past results, but keeps a number of old results in the same .res file? When you've got the results file open, go to Results (in the menu) and Select, and you can see the various test runs whose results you can still examine.
    In the Runtime Options dialog you can set how many results sets you want to keep (if you enter 0 it keeps all past results).
    The alternative is to manually rename your results files each time you run them.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Creating multiple res files for same script

Hi,

I don't think it's possible to have a different results file, but I think that it should be possible to have a different directory for each test iteration,
    ..\..\results1\myresults.res
    ..\..\results2\myresults.res
    The results directory specified in the Runtime / Options is saved in the 'partner.ini' file. Write the results directory name to into this file before running the testcases.

You could name each subdirectory using the date and time thereby keeping the names unique.

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com