User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Control not responding when use \"Select\"

Hi,

I'm using Silk Test 5.0 on Windows 2000. Does anyone know how I can resolve the problem when use "Select" method for treeview, it does not select and gives error message "Control does not respond". The same script works on Windows NT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Control not responding when use \"Select\"

Not much to go on here, but this sounds very similar to a problem I was having in a Java application with a JavaJFCTreeView object. The way I got around it was to take the entire tree, dump it into a List of String. Then called GetItemCount() on it. For each {i} in the ItemCount, I was able to call Select() and manipulate it however I wanted. Otherwise, I was seeing the same thing it sounds like you are seeing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silktestuser:
    Hi,

I'm using Silk Test 5.0 on Windows 2000. Does anyone know how I can resolve the problem when use "Select" method for treeview, it does not select and gives error message "Control does not respond". The same script works on Windows NT.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had this same problem ever since trying to test our product in Windows 2000, and I never found a great workaround. You might want to try redefining the Select method for TreeView so that it retries X number of times on a "Control Not Responding" exception. For me this did not help, because once SilkTest gets in a state where selecting TreeView items fails, it always fails.

What we had to do was try the builtin method once, and if is fails we then execute our "hack" version of Select. It essentially involved clicking the first item in the tree and then typing the down arrow until the item we want is the selected item.

------------------
    Matt Gray
    Kofax Image Products
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we also had this problem with a JFCTreeView. our workaround was to capture the class using CaptureClass and used an invokeMethods that accessed the setSelection method. i was able to retrieve the int to pass in to the method by using ListFind on the GetContents method. by using setSelection we are not testing the actionevent but we figured we would hit this about a billion times during manual testing!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your suggestions but I found this workaround to work on Win2000.
    ex:
    STRING sString = "item"
    INTEGER iIndex

DOES NOT WORK:
    window.treeview.Select(sString)

DOES WORK:
    iIndex = window.treeview.FindItem(sString)
    window.treeview.Select(iIndex)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting workaround!

Somehow NT is more supported than WIN2K, don't ask why. Like DOM works better in NT than WIN2K.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth.

I used a similiar workaround that SilkTestUser details above for selecting a column in a JavaJFCTable in Windows 2000. I was unable to use the column name in the select statement. However, I could use the column name to get it's index then use the index to select it.

------------------