User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automating Swings...Please Help

Hello everyone,

I got a Swing application to automate, But i am really unable to do this...

I have :

- JDK 1.3
    - Silk Test 5.0.3
    - Swing 1.1.1

I did :

- Set the class path as following:
    c:\jdk1.3\lib;C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar;c:\ jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar;C:\swing1_1_1\swing-1.1.1fcs\swingall.jar;

But Still Silk test is only Identifieng 'JavaMainWin' but not at all any other classes...Please help me...

Baseer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Automating Swings...Please Help

Baseer,

Take your SilkTest_Java2.jar file and copy it to c:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext folder. Look also in c:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3\lib\ext. If that folder exists, copy the file there.

Java looks in the \lib\ext folder for any jar files to use regardless of what your classpath says. If the Segue jar file is there, Java will find it.

good luck

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You also need to enable the java extensions.

You do this in Silk Test by picking the menu item Options|Extensions. Make sure the only check box that is checked is the Java box in the Java Application row. You also need to make this same change in the Extension Enabler. You get to this dialog by selecting the Windows Start Menu|Programs|SilkTest|Extension Enabler.

I agree with the above post about using the lib\ext directory. I use this all the time and it's a nice alternative to editing the classpath.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's actually several pieces to this puzzle. A biggy that hasn't been mentioned is that the actual DOS command that you use to invoke your application has to start with running the java.exe file and also include the SilkTest_java2.jar file as well as your application's .jar file. You cannot use SilkTest on your app when running it via its .exe file because there's no API for SilkTest (or any other tool) to communicate with. Here's a sampel fo my sCmdLine for my Java app:

C:\jdk1.3\bin\java.exe$-noverify$-classpath$;C:\PROGRA~1\Segue\SilkTest\javaex\silkt est_java2.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\WEBSEN~1\Manager\wsui.ja r$com.websense.wsui.main

Note that the existence and absense of spaces is crucial to it working correctly. For this reason in the sample sCmdLine above I replaced all spaces with $ for clarity about where there is and is not a space.

The "C:\PROGRA~1\WEBSEN~1\Manager\wsui.jar$com.websens e.wsui.main" part is the stuff that's specific to my app. My developers told me what that was.

Note also that I don't copy the SilkTest_java2.jar file as previously recommended - I access that file in the SilkTest install directory. This makes long-term maintenance easier and minimizes problems across multiple machines.

Also, there was a posting within the past couple of months that addressed a DOS-level issue in regard to setting the classpath variable at the system level versus reiterating it in your command line.

------------------