SPONSORS:

User Tag List

WIERD BEHAVIOUR WITH \"CLICK()\"

On a VBform when I do click() on a vbcommand button the application and silk hangs, I can only get out of that freeze when i do ctrl+alt+del and then cancel.

but if I do click(1,1,1,true) it works fine any idea????

OS is NT and applicaiton is built in VB

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WIERD BEHAVIOUR WITH \"CLICK()\"

It sounds like you've found a good workaround. You could try setting the button active -wButton.SetFocus (), then send wButton.TypeKeys ("<Space>"). The problem you're seeing might be related to the way your application responds to Silk's Click event. The 4th TRUE argument you're sending on the Click method sends the event at a lower level.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting behaviour. I think the extra argument in the click() function helped clicking this button.

Should try Click(null,null,null,null,true)
    just for the heck of it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am faced with the same problem. When script clicks Command Button on VB Form it generates an error. Application under test closes, and Silk generates an error (as it tries to continue with application, but application is not present)I tried the alternative that you guys sugested but it does not seem to be working. Thank you in advance for your help.