User Tag List

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I open OptionSet from Scripts?

Does anyone knows any agent command or other way to open an option set from scripts or include file (not from test plan file)
    Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 05-15-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How do I open OptionSet from Scripts?

Ok, this isn't what you asked for, but maybe it will help. First, I don't see any way to change the option set on the fly from a script. But here is something that you might be able to do, but it's a little cludgy.

You can invoke SilkTest via a command line. See SilkTest Help -> command line switches:for the partner command

This is only relevant because the path to the .opt file is stored in the partner.ini file. It's possible, maybe, to change the file name in the partner.ini file and then restart SilkTest via the command line. This is completely ugly and I don't think that I'd actually recommend it, but you can make that call for yourself. I'm only pointing out that the functionality exists.

I may be able to give better help you if you can describe why you need to change option sets on the fly. It sounds like a pretty unusual request. Maybe there is a better solution that address's the root issue.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the situation. Some of my scripts are ran by testplan .pln file which automatically open up option set file and closes it. Some of my scripts are run by suite file .s where people forget to open option set file because they get confuse between these two methods of running. I was think about running a testcase in the very beginning that will open the appropriate option set file.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't change option sets except from a plan.

You can change many of the settings programmatically - for example, which browser to use, use specific inc files, change Agent options, etc.

Why not try convincing the .s people to change to using .pln files. Testplan files give you much more information - # of testcases, % complete, Test Selection by Query, etc.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the way, this is the syntax for setting an optionset in the .pln file...

optionset: c:\SilkScripts\MyOptions.opt

Warning though, we've encountered some bugs with changing optionsets on the fly when also connecting to remote machines.

Also, lookup SetOption() in the help to see how to change individual options in your code.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BrianCarroll (edited 05-16-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)