SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Abort Silk Test ?

I am running a script which starts the installation using Installsheild. In this I pick up the exe to be installed from the server.
    In case if the path is not found I want to trap that (till here it is all fine) and then abort but then
    How do I Abort the whole test programatically ?? (I do not want to proceed furthur but want to throw a Error Message and terminate the Test)

I know it could be silly for many but any suggestions on this are most welcome.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: How to Abort Silk Test ?

You can start by checking out the Online Help. Read up on do...except and last but not least, you may want to try this new function called $StopRunning () which is also described in the Online Help (but not fully tested).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the message it worked . I also checked the link http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001805.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An alternative would be to raise an exception if the path is not found. This way, you can have more control of what happens. For example, you might want to write a testcase which confirms that the installer reacts correctly when the path is not there to be found (and raising exceptions is the best way I've yet found of testing an aut's reactions to bad data etc.).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... also in using Gilbert's do/except approach, a well placed exit will punt you out of your current testcase. If that is not what you want, then in the except portion of this pairing, I'd vote for the raise statement Vince mentioned.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to read-up on the "exit" and "return" statements in the online help. I use "return" quite a bit to abort a testcase for various reasons - with and without logging an error or warning.

------------------