User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade from QAP 4.6 to SilkTest 5.0

Hi,
    My desktop application runs on NT 4.0 SP5. Two days ago I took the decision to upgrade to SilkTest 5.0, and so far I haven't been that lucky. A lot of my testcases are not running. The two mayor problems I'm having are:
    - Testcases driving crazy at middle of the execution. They will simple start executing actions that are not part of the testcase.
    - The window.SetActive() method not working all the time. If SilkTest cannot active a window, the whole thing will hang.

The only workaround so far is to set a delay to the mouse and keyboard events. After doing this, all will work fine but it will take a few hours longer.

Has anyone seen a problem like this ?

Thanks a lot for any input.

------------------
    Martha Ball
    QE Software Enginner
    Autodesk
    Martha Ball
    QE Software Enginner
    Autodesk

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Upgrade from QAP 4.6 to SilkTest 5.0

Here are a few thing to try:

When upgrading Silk, uninstall the old version completely and reboot before installing the new one.
    Silk does not support SP5 so if you have a way to get to SP4 it would be better.
    make sure that you are NOT using Active Desktop for NT or 98 (this happens when you install IE5 as an option)

Try the following 1st because they are the most causes for problems.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.