SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE with SilkTest very slow on web uploading files.

I'm trying to automate uploading 80 small files files to a web server. When around 50 files have been loaded IE is taking lots of CPU 90% and file upload is one minute per file vs a few seconds initially. If I upload the files manually without using SilkTest everything is fine. The files that have
    been uploaded show up on a dynamically growing list. Does anyone have an idea why this would happen and how I can get around this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE with SilkTest very slow on web uploading files.

You can try running ur scripts remotely on some other m/c.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks for the recommendation. I hardly use the remote machine capability like only once before and I'm having trouble getting it to connect. I set the agent name under Options\Runtime to the remote machine name and also tried the IP address but I always get an error. I have the agent running on the remote machine set to TCP/IP and have the IE 5.0 DOM extensions enabled. What am I missing? Thank you.

Error: Unable to load extensions: Enabled extension(s) for iexplore.exe#5 not installed: domex.dll

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dowen

To run it remotely - follow these
    steps:

1) Given the machine name on which you wnat to run in Agent runtime options and set it to TCP/IP.
    2)Open the Agent on the remote machine and right click on it and set it to TCP/Ip.

And if still u get the error as u said above try restarting Silk or rebooting ur system.

I ve come across the same situation and on restarting/rebooting the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might also try installing Silk on the remote machine and make sure its set to IE DOM. Then relaunch the Agent, set it to TCP/IP and connect from your remote machine.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, thanks, I had just rebooted today before I read your messages and the remote execution Finally works!!!

The bad part is IE is still taking up loads of CPU and the test execution is still crawling as time goes on from 15-65 files and at the 65th one it finally timeouted.

I suppose one workaround is to just set the agent timeout greater.

------------------