Thread: VO vs. DOM

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VO vs. DOM

I have to make a decision regarding which extension i need to go with (VO vs. DOM). I am starting from scratch and our application is full of frameSets.I did n't see anything wrong with VO as a matter of fact it works better on frameSets. But I also feel that DOM could be more accurate in some cases. Please Help!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: VO vs. DOM

Short answer - whatever works....

Long answer....
    If things are about the same with both extensions, it would depend on what browser(s) you need to test. If you need to test IE 4 & 5 along with Netscape 4, you need to use VO. If you can get away with just IE 5, DOM may be they way to go. If you are using SilkTest 5.5, you can also use DOM for Netscape 6.

I'm intrigued by your ambiguity when you state that each extension may work better in different cases. My experience has been that when I really need SilkTest to see a page as a table, I will use DOM. If I'm doing functional testing I'd probably go with VO so I can get cross-browser functionality.

Hope this helps....

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now here is the dumb question, I am curious to know if I have both extensions (VO & DOM)enabled what is SILK going to see /record scripts VO or DOM

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, ummm, at the risk of displaying some serious ignorance on my part here... how would you do this? I find no way to enable both concurrently. I get only one or the other. Is there a way to enable both programmatically?