User Tag List

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with IE / FrameSets

I am using SilkTest 5.5 and having trouble dealing with HtmlPopUpLists in FrameSets. It can't select any items but it can see it ok. I am using DOM ext.

------------------

Vic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with IE / FrameSets

First of all, what exceptions did Silk test raised. I experienced this before with the follwing exception and the problem was resolved using one of the following proposed solutions.
    Note: You won't get this exception if you are using the Do/Except without 'rerais'
    1)
    Exception: "Control is not responding"

Problem

You run a script and get the following error:

Error: Control is not responding

This is a catch-all error message. It usually occurs in a Select( ) statement when SilkTest is trying to select an item from a ListBox, TreeView, ListView, etc.
    The error can occur after the actual selection has occurred, or it can occur without the selection being completed. In general the error means that the object is not responding to the messages SilkTest is sending in the manner in which it expects.

Solution

Try these things to eliminate the error message:

If the line of code is inside a Recording block, remove the Recording keyword.

Set the following option just before the line causing the error:
    Agent.SetOption(OPT_VERIFY_RESPONDING, FALSE)

If the selection is successful, but you still get the error, try using the Do . . . except feature.

2) Setting the agent/option for OTHER tabs may also help. Like "Pick drop down before getting item info...

Hope this work,
    Vic

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response VIC. I tried what you suggested didnot help. Here is what I get
    "Mouse coordinate (574,1192) is off the screen"

that is my code <HtmlPopupList>.Select("Price Negotiation")

------------------

Vic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have Faith!
    There's another option you can do with your current error.
    Goto Option/Agents and select VERIFICATION tab and UNCHECKED "Verify that coordinates passed are inside the window". This should resolved your current problem.(finger cross)

VIC

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had similar problem. Workaround used was - 'typekeys' - using getcontents know the item number to be selected. Using 'Tab' key get the focus on the PopupList and scroll to the desired item number using the "down/up" keys.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest solution of all is to remove the mouse coordinates. They are optional and I find that they hurt more often than help when I want a robust test suite.

Although I can't see where you are passing the coordinates in your script? Do you maybe have a Window Rect in a tag for the Object?

------------------

[This message has been edited by woodman (edited 05-04-2001).]

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not passing any cord anywhere. turned out it is an open issue with Segue they may fix it. Only way to deal with it like Shef suggested is to 'typekeys' in to this this control. which is not very pretty. Thank you all for help I really appriciate it.

------------------