SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Java Dialog box not being recognized

This is a prob. that has plagued me for a while. We have a Java app that we are manipulating fine. When an certian error condition (w/i the app itself) is introduced, a child window is brought up. this child win has some text and a pushbutton. Silk sees this tagged as JavaMainWin("MyApp").Dialog("#1") so it is not even seeing this child win as a java window. when I record all classes i get class name = dialog box, to = dialogbox and derived from anywin. But there are no properties or native methods. Anybody have any ideas? My machine is configured for Java correctly and this box is not an applet. Thanks for any info

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Java Dialog box not being recognized

Have you confirmed with your developers that this dialogbox really is a Java dialogbox or is supposed to be a Java dialogbox? You could've stumbled across a coding error (imagine that!) that's not visible to manual testing but definitely is causing you some heartache. I have uncovered many development errors in regard to compliance with their own standards. That's part of the fun of automation!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have talked with the developers for I thought the same as you. But they said it was a JWindow. I went to Sun's web site and JWindow was there. It is derived from the AWT Component class, so we should be able to see it!!

Not sure where to go from here. I have used relative cooridinate mapping to dissmiss this box, but I have a request to capture/compare the static text contained in this box. thanks for the reply!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm experiencing this same problem testing our application. I did a search on this site in the Silk Test section for "JWindow" and you will see there is another thread on the topic. In that thread they state that JWindow is not supported by Silk. I guess its time to contact Segue tech support to see if they have any future plans to support this class.

------------------