SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Declarations change sporadically... ?

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes SilkTest (5.0.3.2) won't recognize elements that it recognized the day before? I recorded window declarations on a machine against IE 5.5. Ran a script on that all day - no problem. Then I came in the next morning - same machine, same browser, same Web site (it was not changed in any way) and SilkTest would no longer recognize the window declarations. I basically had to go into Record Window Declarations again, paste it into the file, and then it worked fine. No change to the declarations at all - I did a diff and it was the same exact text as the previous day.

Does anyone know why this might happen?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Declarations change sporadically... ?

I used to get this sort of thing at my old company, about eighteen months ago, where the site used a lot of Flash, and I was using Silk Test version 5.0.1.

I never found any explanation for it either, and I certainly have no problem with it at my current company.

Looking back, I suppose it might have been Silk Test acting a bit funny because of all the Flash objects on the page and then it could have been because maybe I had the URL of the objects as my tagging. If these URL's had a sessionID included or another value representing what app server was being hit at the time, then this could have made a difference. So, maybe an idea to check your recorder settings.

Probably not very helpful, but at least you know you're not alone and it has happened before to at least one other person.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Declarations change sporadically... ?

That same thing happen to me numerous times. I could not figure it out either. I did upgrade to the latest version of Silk Test recently and it does not ocurr as often. It is very difficult to automate testing through a scheduler when the objects can not be recognized from one test run to another. Support had no answer.

I know this is not a answer, but again, you know that it is not just you. It happens to us all.

------------------
    Tammy Stokes
    Tammy Stokes