SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with multitestcase

I am using Silk 5.0.3 on Windows NT/98/95/2000 machines, and I am trying to run two distict applications at the same time on different platforms. I've read through the book, the help, and also other posts on the forums, but I still can't figure this out. Each application has its own wMainWin constant, and when I try to compile I get an error on one of these constants because it says it is already defined.

I have set up my scripts for each application so that all the include files are included via 'use' statements at the top of the '.t' files. Each individual script/application runs fine by itself. The problem only occurs when I include the include files for each application in the same script file.

Has anyone used multitestcase with two separate applications? If so, how did you define your wMainWin constants so that you didn't get a failure during compile?

I have tried some workarounds like removing the wMainWin constant and just going with window declarations, but this messes up the recovery system.

Thanks,

Atlee

------------------
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with multitestcase

Atlee,

Choose one of the applications and leave the wMainWindow statement for that application. Remove wMainWindow for the other one. You can invoke the other application after connecting to a different machine. Use Connect ("sSecondMachine"). Then, wSecondApp.Invoke (). You'll need to have sCmdLine set correctly for wSecondApp

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks John,

I did finally get this to work, but I'm not happy with the implementation. I loose the capability to set the default base state for both applications. Since I comment out the wMainWin declaration for the second application, I'm not suprised at loosing the base state for it. I am suprised that I can't correctly set the base state for the first application. Silk tries to set it, but for some reason it behaves quite differently than it did when it was stand-alone.

Have you found this to be the case as well?

Thanks,

Atlee

------------------
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can build your own application state for the 2nd application. You may need to copy DefaultBaseState from defaults.inc and then modify it to suit your needs. Then you can still call that appstate from within a testcase using SetAppState (sState) or have testcases which use the new appstate.

Let me know if you need more details.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll keep that in mind - it sounds like that may be the way to develop all of my applications. That way I can easily use them together without having to worry about the base state getting messed up.

Thanks again,

Atlee

------------------
    Atlee