SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thread: Silk setup

Silk setup

Hello,
    I am installing Silk 5.02 on Windows 2000+ Service Pack1. IE Version 5.00.3103.1000.
    Machine has 10 GB Hard drive and 129,260 KB Ram.
    Is this config will works fine? Is there any issue if I want to migrate to Silk 5.03,5.031,5.032 OR 5.5
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk setup

You should check the release notes to see what that version was tested on and what is supported. As far as upgrading to newer versions, I have had no problems as long as I read the release notes. As always, you must uninstall the previous version before installing the newer one. Check the Rel.Notes on the Segue site for the latest.

------------------

janek,
    I already read release notes, but just want to know may be someone has experience of some problem with this configuration. Sometimes after installing or upgrading you find some problems,and the best way is you have to do some specific routines or precautions before migrating or installing.These types of issues are not in Release notes,but you got solutions by this type of user group or Segue Tech support.
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segue supports IE versions 4 - 5.5. Within that range, there are literally hundreds of versions of the IE browser. Certain operating systems/versions work better than others. You can always find a different version of IE at microsoft.com.

I've had success with SilkTest 5.03.1 - IE 5.01.

SilkTest 5.5 and IE 5.5 also appears stable (SilkTest 5.5 shipping since last week)

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com