SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borderless Tables and Frame files

Im on the verge of upgrading all my tests from silk 5.0.3 to 5.0.3.2 however......

Im testing a web application using DOM and ive notice that silk no longer recognises my objects as it did before.
    At different settings of the Borderless Table slider thing in the extension dialog i see different objects and more or less levels of objects.
    At one end i dont get tables where there used to be, at the other there no longer tables at all. Theres no happy medium.
    Jaysus, im vexed.

So before i commit my self to a HUGE rewrite id like to get opinions on which way to go.
    Which ones more future proof?

Oh yeh if wanna see what i mean... http://www2.eware.com/now.asp
    (you'll have to register but put any ol rubbish in it'll give the marketing people hell anyway) Only some of the apps exposed here BTW.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Borderless Tables and Frame files

All I gather from your mail is that you would like to test on different browsers. We had the same requirement, we could not wait till Segue came out with SilkTest 5.5 and so we had a workaround and that is -

We decided that we will have single script work for all browsers and so we had an extra file (per browser)- we call it mapfile. This file has window variable defined for each control that is used in a testcase. This helped us when the controls would be declared at different levels for each browser.

We faced problems with some of the methods for few controls as their behaviour was not consistent across the browsers. The workaround for this was override these methods and inside the methods we had branches for different browsers.

------------------