SPONSORS:

User Tag List

HtmlLink list is empty in IE4

I have a script that performs a web search in IE4 on NT 4.0 system (450mhz,128mb ram). The result page contains several htmllinks. I want to verify the htmllinks found.

The problem is that when the result page appears Silk does not see any htmllinks and returns and empty list {} to my function.

Even using Record - Window Declarations, I place the mouse cursor over the link and the recorder sees nothing only the BrowserChild frame.

If I restart Silk or unload the agent extensions then view the page contents with the recorder Silk can see all the htmllinks correctly.

I've tried long pauses (sleep(60)) and other techniques to try and refresh the agent but to no avail. I can't do a browser reload because I'll lose my search results.

Is there any way to unload/reload or refresh the agent during runtime to wake it up without having to stop and restart silk. Or does any one know of any work arounds I can try to get Silk to see the result htmllinks.

Thanks.

--Tony

p.s. I'll be adding a comprehensive silk web source code library to my site soon.
    www.quickplace.com/silkpage

Re: HtmlLink list is empty in IE4

The beta release of 5.0.1 fixes the above problem.