SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaJFCPopupMenu cannot be recognized when it extends beyond its parent\'s boundaries

Dont ask, just do it...
    try maximing the window and see if the problem still exists.

next try maximized and CLICK EVERY coordinate on the button and see WHEN the popup is found. something like:
    for every y on button
    for every x on button
    button.click(1,{x,y}) //click the x,y
    if mypop.exists(2)
    print(x)

if this is too confusing, I found that the popup is only found when clicking certain coord on the button while the window is maximized.
    tony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaJFCPopupMenu cannot be recognized when it extends beyond its parent\'s boundaries

Several people have written here about JavaJFCPopupMenu recognition problems.

I have not had any problems UNTIL I run into a contextual PopUpMenu which extends beyond the boundaries of its parent window. (by as little as one pixel)

When this happens, SilkTest does not recognize the menu as a menu anymore.
    It sees it as an empty Windows DialogBox.
    It is just like what SilkTest sees in a Java application when the Java Extension is not on.

I have turned off the Agent's "OPT_VERIFY_COORD" and all the other options, with no effect.
    I have tried to map the DialogBox to a JavaJFCPopupMenu, with no luck.

Is there some SilkTest "trick" that I need to know to recognize this menu consistently ?
    ------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 04-19-2001).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaJFCPopupMenu cannot be recognized when it extends beyond its parent\'s boundaries

At first I thought that maximizing the window might solve the problem.
    It doesn't.

Even with the window maximized, Swing draws the menu to extend off of the bottom of the screen, and the same problem appears.

Thanks for you tip regarding click positions -- I will try it out.
    Only thing is -- I am invoking the popup from the cell of a JavaJFCTable -- not a button.
    ------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 04-20-2001).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most popups come up AFTER you release the button. Try right PRESSING on the object, then RELEASING the button on the window.

I dont have the code with me, but look for stuff with pressmouse and release mouse, basically the application usually draws the popup wherever the mouse is when you release.
    tony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know AWT is this way, and believe SWING is also, but if you pressmouse on one pixel of a button and releasemouse on another pixel, it will not activate the associated action.

I could be all wet on this, but I believe that is the case, so if your mouse is moving, and you press and release while "swiping" across a Java button, you won't be seen as actually having clicked that button.

I'm not sure what you mean by pressing the mouse on the object and releasing on the window, but this is what came to my mind. Can you clarify?

Mel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RobKapteyn,

Have you finaly figure out a nice solution for this problem??

I'm facing the exact same at this point: A popup menu comes up when I right click on an item in a TreeView. If the item happens to be at the bottom of the window and I invoke the popup menu, it is not recognized appropriatly, as it is partly outside the parent window.

Anyone wants to share an extra thought on this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote a really complicated custom class to deal with this. The first time the menu object is accessed, it maximizes the window it is in and creates a struct containing the complete menu contents. (it can be different for each user)

Then, when it invokes the popup in the future, it looks for one of two things (1) a recognizable menu, or (2) a captionless window with the tag: "~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]".

Case (1) is simple. In case (2), the pick() method does a GetSize() on the DialogBox and uses the saved menu info to do a bitmap navigation within the box.

It is amazingly robust. Unfortunately, my code is very specific to our weird menu.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 11-08-2001).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com