SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GPF when switching between VO and DOM

Using SilkTest 5.0.3.2. Tried this both on Windows 2000 and WinNT.

Everytime I try to switch back to VO using the Browser.LoadVOExtension() I receive a GPF: QAP Sockets WO: IEXPLORE.EXE - Application error. ....memory could not be written..... As mentioned, I recieve this on two different machines. As far as I know I have this set up properly. Under extend.ini I have both explorer5.vxx and domex.dll listed as per instructions. I have the Extensions set in the App to VO.
    (Both extension enabler and SilkTest)

I reduced the lines of code down to just 4 lines so I know its LoadVOExtension()causing it.

I'm in the unfortunate place of having to meet a deadline so I don't have the time to convert everything to DOM and one of the pages I need to work with doesn't work well with VO so I need to be able to switch.

Any help/idea would be greatly appreciated.
    -michael

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GPF when switching between VO and DOM

Same problem here. This is a known bug, submit this and hope the patch comes before your deadline:P

If you are only testing object that are partially visible to silk you can also access them using keyboard and mouse combination.

if something is not detectable or accessible using key then you are out of luck.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another bug, I should have known. I won't hold my breath waiting for the patch.

Onwards to write some elaborate and time consuming workaround.......

Thanks for the quick response time.
    -m

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done this successfully, but I started with DOM and switched to VO as necessary. You could kick off the testcase by going to VO, then switching back later.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry...I meant to say that I had DOM loaded for the app instead of VO...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought:

Split your test into chunks of testcase, and stuck them into a testplan. I am not sure if that will help. So each testcase would be in VO or DOM.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got a response back from Segue. I'm basically out of luck. You get one chance to change from VO to DOM. You can't go back without the run-time error. I'm added to the list of other people who wrote in with this problem. They're on it. Yeah... Right.

I needed to add the switch in the middle of a loop. The results page was recorded in DOM and the surrounding pages are in VO. So, I'm back to using VO for this page.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must either be really lucky or so stupid that God is looking out for me. I checked out one of my older scripts, where I was switching extensions, and I went from DOM to VO, then back to DOM repeatedly in a for loop.
    Not doubting you are having some trouble, but my setup was a controller on Win98, agent on Win2K.
    Maybe an agent machine is the ticket...just a thought...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The local machine might be the solution. If you are testing for functionality then the choice of local machine has no impact on your test, as long as you know that your app or web app is not affected by different OS. So you can go use win98 to make your code work.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OR...I believe you mentioned that you have your extensions set to DOM. I have mine set to VO. I wouldn't be surprised if this is causing it. If I get a chance I may look into this. If this turned out to be the case, I suppose I could set my extension to DOM and dynamically switch everything to VO hopefully at the App Invoke level.

------------------