SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Problem with a JavaScript object

    The scenario...

    I have a web page, with a JavaScript object, namely, it's a calendar, which is embedded in a ChildBrowser of the ChildBrowser.
    So, the include file would look something like:
    _________________________________________
    [-] BrowserChild MainProduct
    [ ]tag "The Product"
    [ ]
    [-]BrowserChild CalendarPortion
    [ ]tag "The Calendar Box"
    [ ]
    [-]HtmlTable TheCalendar
    [ ]tag "Calendar"
    [+]HtmlColumn Sundays
    [+]HtmlColumn Mondays
    ___________________________________________

    SilkTest records the object as a table, with appropriate columns, and rows. I can get SilkTest to find a particular cell, and even read the text from it, but cannot get SilkTest to Click a particular cell, which would change the date that another object is looking at. Unfortunately, clicking a date in the calendar is the only way to change the date. I've tried several work arounds without any luck. Things like getting the RECT of the cell, and click it with the coordinates. For some reason though, it is running into a problem with recording the RECT. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the BrowserChild within a BrowserChild. It seems to be recording the RECT position within the child BrowserChild, but when attempting to click that position, it actually clicks that RECT for the parent BrowserChild. TypeKeys will not work on the Calendar, as using keys manually on the object does not work.

    I've read several threads on SilkTest having problems with JavaScript objects, but have not been able to find any definitive answers as to what will and won't work. Any ideas, or info?
    Oh, I'm using IE 5.5 on Win2K if that info helps.

    Thanks!
    BostonSilk

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by BostonSilk (edited 04-17-2001).]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bellingham, WA USA
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Problem with a JavaScript object

    Boston...

    I have a similar situation. Try this...

    Rather than clicking on the cell by name, do your RECT, and then do a click at coordinates relative to the x/y of the upper left corner; i.e. x + 5 by y + 5. That way you are clicking five pixels in and down from the corner and you should be able to select that cell.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Paris (France)
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Problem with a JavaScript object

    I had the same problem a while ago. I created a llibrary to deal with the Calander Chooser (that is what we called it). I have attached that library. You should be able to modify it to work with your calander.

    Oh, I also am using the Logging Class library with this (I have that posted in the Download section at betasoft.com). You can however replace all the Log.Write() statements with Print() statements if you want.

    Hope this helps.



    ------------------
    David Genrich
    Blackhog
    932 Hamlin Court
    Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    dgenrich@blackhog.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Problem with a JavaScript object

    Actually, this is not really a Calendar Chooser. It's an embedded JavaScript object on a web page, that happens to be a calendar type object.

    This post might not necessarily be the best, because I'm actually using SilkTest 5.5 Beta. I tried it with 5.0.3, and that version does not even see the object. Not even as a CustomWin. The 5.5 Beta version will declare the object as a table, but cannot perform actions against it. It looks like an issue better suited for Segue support. Given their reputation of poor response time and quality of responses, I thought I'd try here first.

    Thanks again

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by BostonSilk (edited 04-17-2001).]

    [This message has been edited by BostonSilk (edited 04-17-2001).]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.