User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recovering from Dr.Watson...

Hi All,
    I need some advice on how to get my basestate to recover from a DrWatson on the Browser. My app is loading Acrobat files in second windows and when I close the second window it takes down my Browser. I have tried checking for the DrWatson window in the Basestate. Sometimes it gets seen, sometimes not. There must be a better way.
    How are others handling Browser Crashes.
    Thanks
    sottawa@yahoo.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recovering from Dr.Watson...

I modified code that has been posted here before(or from the download page, can't recall). basically what it does is search through any active dialogs and looks for a specific caption...in this case it would be dr. watson. Once I know it is dr. watson then of course you can reacte accordingly and clean up log files restart the app etc. to get you back to a base state.

the code is attached. It is not alot of code so it should be pretty straight forward to use.
    You will notice that I used alot of API calls so you will have to declare these before they can be used.

this is my way of dealing with error dialogs. I am sure there are other ways..

hope this helps,
    James

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recovering from Dr.Watson...

James that seems like more work than I need to do. I figure it is something as simple as the attached. Note this is embedded in
    Mybasestate basedon DefaultBaseState. It seems to me that whatever script caused the crash would then results fail, followed by the basestate for the next script clearing the DrWatson scn and things continuing. Unfortunately it does not appear to be working that way. See attached. Why does this not work???

------------------