SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkBean - running scripts on multiple target machines

I am running a script to test a Java stand-alone app on Linux and Solaris .

I connect to the Linux machine and run the script. When it finishes , I connect to Solaris and run the same script.

1)
    Is there any way of running the scripts
    concurrently on the 2 unix machines?

2)
    is there a way of changing the target machine
    name in the silktest script, rather than editing the javaex.ini file?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBean - running scripts on multiple target machines

You can't run scripts concurrently at the same time on two unix m/c's as agent can target on one m/c only at a particular instance on time.However you can have two silktest instances with two .ini files and write batch file to run on two m/c's one after another with out manually modifying the ini file.

------------------

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the release notes in SilkTest 5.5:

A new SetOption, OPT_SET_TARGET_MACHINE, allows you to specify your target machine. This agent option must be followed by Agent.SetOption(OPT_USE_SILKBEAN,TRUE). For more information, please see the online Help topics that describe "Setting up to test multiple Java applications from different hosts on the same target machine" and "Overview of testing multiple applications from different hosts".

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap! That sucks! Now I have a reason to upgrade and I have to suffer through Silk Meter!!!

I have been refusing to upgrade to 5.5 because my one attempt to get Silk Meter running in standalone mode was such a bear I swore I wouldn't upgrade until there was a compelling reason to. Well, now it appears there is.

------------------