SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error handling, proceding to correct app state

I am a newbie at silktest and have a seemingly simple problem that I cannot figure out. In simple terms I have a sign-on page a start page and then an entire site for which I am creating testcase scripts and functions. The default base state is the sign-on page. I would like for my tests (in both functions and scripts) when they fail to restore the app to the start page (or any other page I want) and continue (I am using exception statements). What is the optimum way to accomplish this? I have tried to figure out how the appstate declaration might be used to do this but have had no luck. Can someone help me with some logic and syntax regarding potential strategies to accomplish this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error handling, proceding to correct app state

When an exception occurs, call a function that loads the URL of the page you want to display using the LoadPage method.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I do it:

Do .. Except ends the script on error like accessing out of bound array index(there are others). If you just do a verify(true,false)
    you will be able to continue the script
    after an error occurs, in this case when verify returns 'false'.

So you can put a 'goto' to a function if you want, but beware of infinite flow in your script while using goto.

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 04-16-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prim

If you want each testcase to begin from ur 'sign on' page you can set your DefaultBaseState to the sign on page and run ur script(collection of testcases) in a plan so that whenever a testcase fails the next testcase will begin from ur 'sign on' page b'coz its ur DefaultBase state.

Dont forget to state the appstate of ur testcases to be DefaultBaseState.

Hope this helps.
    Sandeep

------------------