User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Verify Properties Ignoring Case Sensitive

Thank you for responding John.

I was a bad forum user and did not include a great example of what I'm looking for. As you can see in samples 1 and 2 the contents are the same for each verification, however in sample 1 they are capitalized and in sample 2 they are lower case. I need to be able to write one VerifyProperties statement that passes in some sort of argument to tell verify to ignore the case and just verify the text is correct. Do you know if there is a way to pass the "Upper" option into the VerifyProperties statement, or to simply ignore the case totally for verification purposes?

Sample 1-

Window.WindowFrame.AnotherWindow.VerifyProperties ({...})
    ""
    {...} {"Contents", {...}}
    "FEATURE;<null>" "FEATURE_1;<null>"
    "FEATURE_2;<null>"
    "FEATURE_3;<null>"
    "FEATURE_4A;<null>"
    "FEATURE_4B;Line0"

Sample 2-
    Window.WindowFrame.AnotherWindow.VerifyProperties ({...})
    ""
    {...} {"Contents", {...}}
    "feature;<null>" "feature_1;<null>"
    "feature_2;<null>"
    "feature_3;<null>"
    "feature_4a;<null>"
    "feature_4b;Line0"

Thanks for your help!

[This message has been edited by Amber (edited 04-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Amber (edited 04-10-2001).]

Try Window.WindowFrame.AnotherWindow.VerifyProperties (Upper({...}))

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verify Properties Ignoring Case Sensitive

I have a DialogBox where the caption is "NAME" and a DialogBox where the caption is "name". I need to write one VerifyProperties that will get the properties and manipulate them to ignore case sensitivity before doing the verification.

Please post advice on how I might VerifyProperties ignoring the case of the properties.

Along these lines, does anyone know how FuzzyVerify works? Not how to use it, but how it determines what to pass and what to fail from the verification. Is it getting character ID's from an ASCII table?

Perhaps the easiest way to ignore case it to make everything upper case or lower case when comparing it. For example:

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again for responding, but this returns an error stating "Parameter 1 to function Upper should be a STRING". I have tried several other options but I am still open for further suggestions.

It sounds like you will have to write your own Upper function to handle lists.

That example should give you a start. Then when you call you properties you could use the call

------------------