SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

closing silktest window

When I running a testcase with appstate setting to none, the silktest window should close and leave the application window open.
    But in my situation, the silktest window is not closed so the agent can not see the real application window.

Did anyone have the same problem before?

Now I am using Window 2000 and SilkTest 5032 to test java application.

I had used NT before when there was no such problem.

Do I need to change some setting in Silktest?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: closing silktest window

It's not strictly true what you say about "When I running a testcase with appstate setting to none, the silktest window should close and leave the application window open."
    Running with appstate none means that DefaultBaseState() will not be called in TestCaseEnter or TestCaseExit. So you cannot guarantee anything at all about what windows are open, closed, available or anything.
    I find appstate none only useful for when I need to run a script which doesn't interact with any windows at all - for example if I'm just testing the behaviour of some element of 4Test, or a new function I have written, or whatever.
    For running real testcases, I wouldn't really recommend appstate none - I would strongly recommend making the most of TestCaseEnter and TestCaseExit though.

------------------

[This message has been edited by vincebowdren (edited 04-10-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tong,

If having SilkTest open is causing a problem (not sure why it would, but...) try running over the network with the agent on a remote machine. That way Silk can be open and driving on machine A, and the agent can actually execute the test on machine B.

Would that solve your problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tong,

Although the other suggestions are good, I think the problem you are having is related to a Silktest/Win2k bug. When this happens I think that silk is not seeing the correct active window. There have been several discussions on this here and work arounds are documented in them. If you are seeing the flashing application Icon on the start menubar, this is what the problem is.

------------------

Did you set your Runtime Options to Minimize While Running in SilkTest? That could be your problem.

------------------