SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silk test Agent crashes while recording!!

While recording test cases the application(developed in VC++) which is tested becomes extra ordinarily slow (256 MB RAM)(WIN NT) and the Agent.exe gives Application error."The instruction at ...referenced memory at ...... .The memory could not be read".I tried it with other system and i got Dr.Watson application error for the same while recording.

It also says Error:agent not responding.

The application tested is NOT a Client server application and is tested in a single system itself.Is there any installation criteria specific for WIN NT environment??

[This message has been edited by thineshabimanyu (edited 04-08-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silk test Agent crashes while recording!!

Hi,

Ensure that your extensions are disabled in both the Extension Enabler and Options / Extension.

Reboot the machine if necessary.

Close any other applications that are running in the background and are not needed.

If either application crashes, try to establish which .dll or .exe the problem occurred in.

I have tested numerous applications developed in VC with SilkTest without any problems, so I expect that the crash is due to some resources in the AUT not being released.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silk test Agent crashes while recording!!

I too have noticed problems while recording QA Scripts with our VC++ application. I have thought it was because we have many include files that have to be "Used" because our app interacts with now 13 other apps that I need QAP to interact with as well. Running the scripts doesn't seem to be a problem, but while recording a part of a new script, WinNT just randomly freezes. If you click the close icon on an app, it may be 40 seconds (I'm not exaggerating) before that app responds to the click and closes down. Usually I end up doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del and stating "Shut down" and rebooting and hope I can save any of the recording I've done up to that point. QA Tech support has yet to give me an answer (working around for about 3 years) and I've gone to strictly typing the code rather than dealing with recording anything. Would be nice, if this sounds familiar, that we could collaborate a little to maybe track down "their" problem.

------------------
    David A. Krugler B.S., E.I.T.
    Eagle Point Software
    (800) 678 - 6565
    David A. Krugler B.S., E.I.T.
    Eagle Point Software
    (800) 678 - 6565