ppp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with DOM and VO : testing CSS rendered web pages

Hello everyone,
    I am going through serious problem. Our web pages are rendered using Cascading style sheets, I think, it's the reson, why dom does not recognize HTMLTextField and HtmlPushButton.
    VO mode recognize these things but it does not recognize java script enabled drop down menu in browser. Please, suggest me, if some one have same problem and solution. Please.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with DOM and VO : testing CSS rendered web pages

I am very interested your pages. If I can access your pages, it won't be problem to resolve/workaround the problem in the VO extension.

------------------

ppp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem: DOM extension( and VO extension also ) does not recognize the web based pull down menu ( pull down menu created using Java Script, and HTML layer ).
    Our almost all UI Navigation system relies on these pull down menus, so it is extremly critical to us to find out the solution to these problems.
    I tried with Netscape and IE with (DOM and VO extension ) with the appropriate version of Silk Test(Silk Test 5.0.3.2 with IE 5.0 DOM mode and Silk Test 5.0.3 with Netscape 4.75 VO Mode) but almost all cases fail to recognize these Htmllinks (Pull down Menus )

As I talked with Gary Jordge yesterday, he wanted to access our web-app and run the silk test against it. But because of some reason, I could not provide the acual app under test, but here I am giving our public web site that uses the same kind of pull down menu(and underneath script is pretty much same). So please, record the test case and re-play it and let me know if you are successful.
    Preferrably we wanted to test it under VO and DOM , I mean for both Netscape 4.75 and IE 5.5.

Test Procedure: (Record)

1. Go to http://www.provato.com

2. In Provato Home page, go (Mouse Over) to the <<partner>> Menu (HtmlLink) in the top -right, it will expand down.
    3. Go to Sub-Menu (pull down) <<Become a Partner>> and Click on it.
    4. Fill up the form and hit the <<Submit Online>> button.

Now, try to run the test.

In my case, when I run it, it does not go from step 3 to step 4. And when you find the solution, please, let me know.

Purna
    SQA Engineer
    Provato inc.
    Oakland , CA
    Tel: (510) 285-0366
    email : purna.poudel@provato.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can get them to add an image (even a transperent image) to each menu item, giving each image a name (even those the image might be the same, just add a unique 'name' attribute), then it can be automated using SilkTest.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Blackhog
    932 Hamlin Court
    Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    dgenrich@blackhog.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launch IE55, goto the provato.com, and run the script, you should see the "About Company" menuitem get clicked.

winclass MyFrame:AnyWin
    window MyFrame company
    tag""
    parent BrowserPage
    HtmlHeading about
    tag "About Provato"
    HtmlHeading ManagmentTeam
    tag "Management Team"

main()
    Browser.SetActive()
    BrowserPage.HtmlImage("#3").MoveMouse(0,0,FALSE)
    company.about.click()

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried in Silk 5.03 and ie 5.0. This works:
    [-] testcase tester() appstate none
    [ ] BrowserPage.SetActive ()
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlImage("index.htm|#5|$Products").Cl ick (1, 19, 10)
    [ ] BrowserPage.HtmlText("Provato eAgreements|$item2_2").Click (1, 20, 11)

I guess you'll have to work something out with MouseMove and work out the distance to avoid problems with changing desktop size.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a similar problem in which the layer's changing to visible is invoked by right-clicking an item in a list displayed in the format of (joy!) a third-nest borderless table. I can't get any declarations for the layer ("context menu") and what's worse I can't even right-click on the list items since I'm getting a "not exposed" error. (And to top it off, my previous trick of giving pixel coordinates that I used to click the tabs in the second nest of this monstrosity of borderless tables they're calling an application isn't working in the third nest for reasons that are completely beyond me!) Fortunately I have a while to figure something out since the current mission-critical task is the acceptance test which doesn't involve the verification of these lists, but I would still very much appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

------------------

~&lt;+045+ygH05+&gt;~

~&lt;+045+ygH05+&gt;~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want the Devs to modify the web page, then you have to use coordinate.

There a couple functions from user32.dll
    you can use, that will make sure you will hit them without error(unless position changes).

I don't have time to write the code for you, but you get the idea. You will always be able to move from your point of reference x=0,y=0 for example, then move accuratly to your destination, regardless of your resolution and screen size. You will need to do some conversion of the units. The above functions are useful, you can get other functions, but these are provided by silk.

do a use "mswfun32.inc"

Easiest way for you of course, is that the Devs make some modification to the html source so you can detect the object, as mentioned by Davidg. I bet you want to show them your creativity level, correct?

[This message has been edited by GodKnows (edited 05-31-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it shouldn't be a problem much longer.. from what I'm hearing, dev is going to make the hidden div accept keyboard input.(up/down/enter/esc). But they also gave me the code for the object. How do I make a declaration of a winclass from the HTML id of the object? (div id="menu1", for example)

thanks!

------------------

~&lt;+045+ygH05+&gt;~

~&lt;+045+ygH05+&gt;~