User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How suitable is Silk for API testing?

I have been writing Silk scripts for GUI
    functionality testing of a Java Application.

It has worked pretty well.

Another part of my department is involved in the testing of a Java API. Have others here used Silk for API testing?

I don't have experience in API testing.
    I was thinking of something along the lines of building a web page front end in which the user can input the parameters to a method call.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How suitable is Silk for API testing?

Raul,

Some of the guys on my team are doing this using JSPs and have just been hammering the api. Another approach we are looking at is having a test object that we call with a very very simple gui (since Silk needs a GUI) and passing it the test name and whatever parameters are required. Then we can write our own tests in uniform Java classes that are called by this GUI. This is barely past the white board stages. I believe coding has begun on it.

Another thought that was just being tossed around last week was attempting to tie Silk in with JUnit, the freeware/open source Java testing framework. http://www.junit.org