ppp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom Extension Does not recognize HTML Object

Hello, Please, help me,
    When I record the Test Frame, silk test recognize the HTML object like TextField, but when I am recording Testcase (Script) it does not use these object with object name that are recorded in Test Frame. I checke my Option/Runtime .. use file : the path and name of the corresponding test frame is included, so what could be the problem. Help me understand.
    -Purna

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dom Extension Does not recognize HTML Object

Purna,

When you record your testcase, what is Silk seeing as you attempt to manipulate that TextField? Does it say CustomWin?

When that happens, what I typically find is I have made a noncompatible change in my include file. Our office uses one include file for all automation. We check it in and out of the code archive, so it has become quite large. From time to time, as I am composing and debugging scripts, I'll comment out large portions of this file, and in so doing will inadvertently comment out something I need. When the recorder doesn't find what it needs, it comes back as a CustomWin. One way to test the ability of Silk to actually see what you want it to is to get rid of all the "use" statements and settings and place the declarations right in your script. Once you are certain you have all the bugs worked out of it you can move those declarations to your include file.

ppp
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dom Extension Does not recognize HTML Object

Hi DJGray,
    Thank you very much. I resolve issue not recognizing HtmlControl in Dom mode by downloading silktest 5.0.3.2. But I still have problem with Java script enabled pull down menu. I just could not give you Url because it is a for particualar customer and security resion. But, please, suggest me , if you have any idea.
    -Purna

------------------