User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: test login screen

tong,

This is precisely the reason we don't use DefaultBaseStates in our automation process. I have an ingrained resistance to anything that takes control away from me. I want absolute control over everything that happens in my script. Without more specifics, it is difficult to say with certainty, but it seems if you set appstate to none, you should be able to log in and out at will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, DJGray:

I do not want ot use DefaultBaseState either. But the problem is how to invoke the application without going through DefaultBaseState?

To test the login part, I need to invoke(start) the application each time when I run the testcase.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

test login screen

IN my application, the login window displayed before the main window.

Now I am trying to automate the login process to simulate user login first then exit application and repeat this many many times.

How can do this?
    I write a testcase to do it once. Then I use a for loop to repeat. but it seems that the defaultBaseState can only setup when you enter the script, instead of everytime for the testcase.

If anyone have a simple way to solve it?

tong

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi tong,

You will need to use 'appstate none'. This will tell SilkTest not to use the DefaultBaseState. The syntax is,

testcase testcase_name () appstate none

In general, if you have a login window appearing before the main window of your application, create an invoke method for your main window (derive it from the existing implicit invoke method and include the login actions), uncomment and set the wStartup in the main declaration to the identifier for the login window. The logging on process should now be covered by the DefaultBaseState.

window MainWindow MyMainWindow
    const wStartup = MyLoginWindow
    Invoke ()
    derived::Invoke ()
    MyLoginWindow.Username.SetText (...)
    MyLoginWindow.Password.SetText (...)
    MyLoginWindow.OK.Click ()

window DialogBox MyLoginWindow

I hope that this helps.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.