SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window is not unique...

I ran into this problem several years ago, and don't recall what the solution was. I have a situation where, in the script, this application will call another instance of itself, thus I have two of the same application running simultaneously.

There is some way to force Silk to distinguish between the two so I can manipulate them and then shut them down, but I cannot recall what it is, and cannot find the documentation on it (if such even exists).

Does anyone here know the magic trick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window is not unique...

If you just want to Close down the other instance of the browser try this method: Browser.CloseOthers(). If you want to toggle back and forth between them....

I just noticed this one day while looking in browser.inc; It appears that SilkTest declares a second running copy of the same browser as Browser2

So you can do a Brower2.SetActive() or Browser.SetActive () to switch back and forth between them. If you have more than 2 up, I've no idea. Hopefully this offers some help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

With multiple instances of the same application, you will need to refer to each instance using the index tag. But bear in mind that the application which is active always has an index of one.

John.

------------------

John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com
    John O'Neill.
    Quality Automation Ltd.
    www.quality-automation.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is actually the problem.

If your window #2 become #1 when it's active
    it means that the #1 and #2 can always reference different windows. Hence your code need identification of window inside app(or browser).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the two windows have the exactly same content? If not, silktest is able to distinguish them.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen the Browser2 before, but this is a Java application. I was hoping there would be a similar approach to this, and as GodKnows has pointed out, I'm betting the active window will be seen as #1 once I figure this out.

Injection, the windows are identical. In my include file, I'm calling it NavDesigner. It is multitagged as "Designer Studio: NavDesigner" Designer Studio: NavDesigner-*" "Designer Studio:*"

So, since everyone seems to agree that these will be seen as Windows #1 and #2, what does the code look like to switch between them?

If I were to set the background window (#2) active what would that look like?