SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third party control

I am testing the client/server application (VB ,C++.).This is the Third party control. The Main Window - MDI frame contains the Main menu and standard Control bar however, Silk is not able to recognize them as objects. Silk sees these controls as empty space on the form. It appears as if there are no objects there at all. That is why I can not use such an approach as we usually use to handle graphic objects and of course there is no reason to map classes. Silk support and Silk instructors could not solve this problem .I am not sure that Silk can handle this situation. If someone could give me any idea on how to solve this problem, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Third party control

It doesn't matter whether it is a Third party or Fourth. If you can click on the controls, SilkTest should be able to click on them too. Just defined the controls as CustomWin objects and use Location (Client) for your tags.
    Sample:

CustomWin Button1
    tag ("30, 8")

For those controls other than PushButtons, check to see if your Third party application supports other ways of navigating/getting to them. Does it let you Tab thru the different controls? How about the Arrow keys and the Short-cut keys (Alt+<F>, for example, to access the File Menu)? If so, you can use the TypeKeys () method in SilkTest. You may have to use the Clipboard methods for getting text values (Copy or Cut & Paste, etc.).
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 04-05-2001).]