SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

API Calls and ,dll files

I had a problem to deactivate Screen Saver to continue the test after long sleep statement. Nigel gave me idea about API call function to enable/disable the screen saver on a Windows platform.
    In 'Automated Software Testing' book, Test Development Guidelines section, Dustin, Rashka, and Paul recommend to use API calls and .dll files within a test script to enhance the script's capabilities.
    Who can help me to find out what APIs are compatible with the SilkTest Tool and give me example how to create an API call and employing the SilkTest tool?

Olga

Olga

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: API Calls and ,dll files

Silk has access to Win32 Api builtin. Include (use) file ms32.inc in Your silk/extend folder, that will give you access to win23 api calls (ms32.inc uses msfun32.inc that loads user.dll).
    On the previouse post: i also had thought of going registry to disable screensaver, but i had failed to locate SS data in HK_CURRENT_USER. Does anyone know where that value is stored?????
    Alternatively, why not disabling it through the gui. Just invoke the Desktop property window, go to screensaver tab and disable SS. Not too fancy ... but can be done in TestCaseEnter for ex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: API Calls and ,dll files

You can deactivate/reactivate the screen saver by calling the Win32 API -
    SystemParametersInfoA().

(It's part of USER32.DLL)

How you do this in Silk - that I don't know.

-joe

[This message has been edited by jstrazzere (edited 03-29-2001).]
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!