User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple scripts on UNIX

Hi,

I am trying to find out if it's possible to run multiple scripts on one UNIX Target from the same NT host? I know it's possible to launch several SilkBean on the same UNIX target machine if you stipulate different ports for each. But as far as I can see I'd need a different host for each script I wanted to run. Each host would have to at least have agent running (maybe partner.exe (silk)) too. Since I only have access to one or two PCs (nearly everything is UNIX here) using several PCs ruining agent just to test software running on one UNIX machine isn't really an option. Is there an Alternative?

Thanks

Fergus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multiple scripts on UNIX

You can start more than one instance of SilkTest on an NT or Win2000 machine. I think what you would have to do is start one script, then edit the javaex.ini to point to a different port on your Unix box, start Silk again, and run the 2nd script.

I've never actually tried this :-)
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Multiple scripts on UNIX

Hi,

This works, thanks.

I managed to run ten partner.exes on one NT box and it seemed to work OK with Silk Bean.

Fergus