User Tag List

Thread: PerlTk on NT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PerlTk on NT

Had anyone used SilkTest to test PerlTk application on Windows? I am currently trying to use it and the only controls Silk recognizes are PushButton and ScrollBar. The rest are CustomWin, and they all are identifyed as belonging to TkChild class.
    I would try to map them, but since I have all kinds of different controls (CheckBoxes, RadioLists, PopUpLists, etc) mapped to the same class, that will not be an option.
    Internally (in the Perl code) these controls are derived from what i think are Perl native classes for them, but so far the only think that is mapped, is Perl's Button to PushButton in Silk.
    Had anyone dealt with such a situation??
    Pleae HELP
    dd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: PerlTk on NT

May be i should add more to the question:
    How does silk deal with win gui it has no knowledge of. In my situation, silk can recognize some of the controls: is that happening becouse class names for these controls (ScrollBar and Button) are same as class names in silk? In other words, does silk recognize these widgets couse it recognizes the class names? What is i get to change names of PerlTk Classes (ask developers to create wrapper class for Perl's OptionMenu class that will have a name identical to a silk class (like Menu)) Will silk recognize it as something different then??
    Generally, what are my options in such a situation??
    Input badly needed (sorry)!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you determine a solution for this problem? I'm having a similar problem now...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

previous posting was back in 2001... but I have the same question...

anyone resolve these CustomWins showing in Silktest with a PerlTk GUI? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K... so I found this on the KB... comments?? it's old 2.

Resolution #8051

Product: SilkTest or QAP
    Date Created: 2001-03-28
    Last Reviewed: 2002-06-13

QUESTION
    ----------------------------------

Can SilkTest recognise an application written with the Perl GUI toolkit PerlTK?

ANSWER
    ----------------------------------

No. When you record against an application written with the Perl GUI toolkit PerlTK, all of the objects in the application will be seen as Custom Windows. The type of GUI produced by PerlTK is based on the TCL/TK toolkit and not on MFC classes. As a result you will not get recognition of any objects within the application. You will also not be able to classmap these objects as all PerlTK objects are recognized as the same type of object. If you classmap one type of control to a recognized object, all controls will be seen as this recognized object.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow.. i just think it is cool people are still using PerlTk out there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg