User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Test results automatic logging into database

Has anyone tried/used the sample .inc and .t
    files provided in SilkTest to automatically log test results into a database?
    These files are located under SilkTest/resultsDB folder.
    Thanks for your input!

bjc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Test results automatic logging into database

I had previously created a function that logged run results to a SQL Server 7 data base. When 5.0.3.2 was released, I was excited to hear that Segue integrated similar functionality into SilkTest.

I experimented with their new functions and I was dissapointed when I could only get one of (the two created) tables to log data.

The "Tests" table logged all the data. This consists of "TestID"; "RunID"; "TestName"; "Status"; "NumErrors"; "NumWarnings"; "ErrorMsg"; "Arguments".

The "Runs" table did not log anything. Unfortunately, this was the one I was more interested in. It consists of "RunID"; "RunName"; "Machine"; "StartDateTime"; "ElapsedTime"; "Failed"; "Passed"; "NumErrors"; "NumWarnings"; "BuildID".