User Tag List

Thread: Silk Realizer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk Realizer

Our company is in the process of implementing Silk Realizer to schedule testplans to run on lab machines or during the night or off times on writer's machines. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Is there any way to schedule testplans to run conditionally? Any helpful hints or suggestions on how to make Realizer work effectively? Thanks.

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk Realizer

I've had a brief experience with it a little over a year ago.

It works as a scheduler and test manager. I don't think you can do conditional execution. I only know of one tool that does that. The catch behind Realizer is the Setup. It takes a lot to get it setup. It provides a Scheduler to execute tests, for SilkPerformer and SilkTest as well as other tools like SilkPilot etc... It also works on utilizing resources that are available.

You cannot execute scripts based on file existence or email. But you can perform time allocation.

People used to use SilkTest and SilkPerformer together only with manual launching. Some used the NT scheduler to perform some of these tasks. Of course you lack the reporting that Realizer gives.

SilkPerformer currently has a scheduler, which is nice (people have requested it for a while) SilkTest though does not, I'm not sure about 5.5 because I have not quite tried it.

Hope that's been helpful

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please explain this Time Allocation. Can you offer an example? What is this "other tool" that has the ability to do conditional scheduling. Thanks for your help on this.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ellen (edited 05-09-2001).]

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I mean is at time1, start SilkPerformer script1, at time2 start SilkPerformer script2 and SilkTest script3 etc..

The other tool I know that does the conditional execution is TestDirector 7i

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.